Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Power of Affirmation

Recently I met a colleague of hubby at his work. Both him and I were helping out with hubby's seminar so I got to chat with him about things. During our chat I found out that although he has a very prosperous career being the top trader in the company, his personal life was not so perfect - he had been divorced twice and he was not seeing anyone at the moment.

"How come successful guys like you are not seeing any women? You seem like the kind of guy who should have the whole world!" I joked at him.

"All women are trouble. I've given up on them! All they are after is your credit card!" He sighed.

"Hmm... Maybe you are just unlucky! I am sure there are plenty of nice women around..." I said. I was temped to tell him that maybe his negative attitude towards women was holding him back from having a fulfilled relationship? He was not ugly, appeared to be a decent and down-to-earth bloke, earned good money... all of which made me think he is worthy and deserving. However I felt inappropriate to give any comments since I barely knew him! I just hope that one day he will find his love of his life and live happily ever after as he seems to be a worthy person apart from his negativity towards relationships.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has recently shared her positive affirmations which according to her, is a tool to realigh her thoughts and reinstill her self-confidence when the fuel is low. Since they are such illuminating affirmations I have decided to quote them below. I too use affirmation occasionally but mine is no way near her lengthy and detailed one!! Hope you can find some inspiration from them like I did! :)

* I think of dwelling in the serenity and peace of knowing the love for myself
* I think of sharing the joys of life with all around me and the sorrows with those who care.
* I think of appreciating those things that are funny and joyful to me and do not have to share that with anyone other than myself.
* I think of the beauty of stopping to appreciate the scent of the flowers and the feel of the warm rain on my face. I think of not letting any of these gentle moments pass without appreciating them because I have allowed myself to be bothered by what others think.
* I think about appreciating the gift of laughter and joy that good friends bring.
* I think about the satisfaction of being who I want to be in ALL things. Reacting out of the highest decisions for me, and what will allow me to be the best person I am able to become.
* I follow my passion for life in everything I do.
* I am warm and loving in my thoughts about myself.
* I am beautiful and giving in my relationships to others.
* I am strong in my support of what is right for me.
* I have defined what I will or will not do, while being open to the changes that will occur as a part of life.
* I feel loved and warm being in the company of others and will foster comfort in the company of good friends.
* I refine my goals and define Who I Want To Be and rejoice in who I am.
* I remind myself every day that life is a gift to be enjoyed and treasured.
* I remind myself that Love is a gift that is to be cherished and honored.
* I will be myself and let others remain whole.
* I will enjoy a unity where my life crosses others, and will openly share my reality and growth as we follow our individual paths.
* I do not covet the experiences of others, because it takes nothing away from my experiences.
* I feel the radiance of my soul and know that I will always be honest and true, no matter where the future takes me.
* I feel a comfort that I can be myself and others can be who they are and I will not judge or reject another for taking a different path.
* I focus on the joys and happiness in my everyday life and do not create wants or needs by allowing myself to feel that way.
* My constructive tendencies enable me to prevail despite outward circumstances.
* I recognize my positive tendencies and attitudes are among my most precious assets.
* I am promoting greater personal health, prosperity, emotional well being and mental efficiency today and every day.
* With intensity and repetition I have created the habits which bring success and higher consciousness.
* I am free to live, and love, and laugh. The world is a treasure and it is mine to enjoy.
* I will risk looking like a fool for love and for the adventure of being alive.
* I can disappoint another to be true to myself, I can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray my own soul. I can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
* I can be alone with myself and truly like the company I keep in the empty moments.
* I find serenity and tranquillity in a world I may not always understand.
* The pain I have known and the conflict I have experienced give me the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism.
* I have in my life those who encourage my growth, recognize my tenderness, and are open to expressing love.
* There are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when I feel most alone.
* May a kind word, a reassuring touch, and a warm smile be mine every day of my life, and may I give these gifts as well as receive them.
* May the teachings of those I admire become part of me, so that I may call upon them.
* Those whose lives I have touched and who have touched mine are always a part of me, even if the encounters were less than I would have wished. It is the content of the encounter that is more important than its form.
* I place immeasurable value on the goodness in my heart.
* I find time in each day to see beauty and love in the world around me.
* I see my future as one filled with promise and possibility. I see everything around me as a worthwhile experience.
* I view everything as a worthwhile experience, and seek the lesson in each encounter.
* I have enough inner strength to determine my own worth by myself, and not be dependent on another's judgment of my accomplishments.
* I will always feel loved because my greatest love will always be for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home