Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Self Respect


Recently from my women's group gathering, I received the following words of wisdom as we shared on the subject of 'women and self-respect'. These words are such a treasure I thought I'd just put them here:

Every human being has innate worth.

Part of self respect is knowing my own qualities.

Respect for the self is the seed that gives growth to confidence.

When we have respect for the self, it is easy to have respect for others.

To know ones nature worth and to honour the worth of others is the true way to earn respect.

Those who give respect will receive respect.

The more respect is measured on the basis of something external, the greater the desire for recognition from others. The greater the desire, the more one falls victim and loses respect for the self.

When there is power of humility in respecting the self, wisdom develops and we are fair and just to others.

Everyone in the world has the right to live with respect and dignity, including myself.

1 Comments:

At 7:44 am, Blogger Unknown said...

These words are true and they echo in my mind when I read them.

With my deepest respect I honor you.

Namaste

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home