Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Whatever Happens, It Happens Perfectly

When I had this dream a few days ago, I sensed that the job I was going to apply was going to be tricky.

It was an internal position which was recently created in my company. During the past five months I was led to believe that I was the most suitable candidate for this role. Not only I expressed my strong interest, I also had a solid technical background this position requires. As a matter of fact, just days before this position was internally advertised, the Manager had discussed with me about this job at length. It appeared to me that he wanted to secure my interest first and the exercise of internal advertising was nothing but a formality.

On the night when I prepared my application and CV, I didn’t feel quite right. Then I had a dream that I was a female sumo who was facing a World-class male opposition. In my dream I tried to avoid my opposition for twenty years because I was afraid of him and finally I excelled and developed self-confidence to confront him. The message from my dream was actually quite clear: I am not ready yet for this job; my time is yet to come!

My intuition was right! It was hard to believe that at a time when the country is facing a ‘brain drain’ and just about every position in the company takes months to fill, five applications were received within two days. Also it was a non-event that all the applicants are suitable or over-qualified for this position!

I had my job interview yesterday. It felt very strange as I had to go through a very formal process with two Managers who I deal with on a daily basis. They told me that they had to adopt a formal process to all the five candidates to avoid favouritism and to ensure fairness, as everyone knows everyone.

I haven’t heard anything from them today. However, I have no doubt that the position has been filled. They have every reason to disregard me, as it’s a sales role, and I have never been in sales! While they might have all the confidence in me before, they would have to be mad to give the job to me while there are other candidates who are already salespeople!

I am a little disappointed with how things have turned out, given so much excitement, anticipation and expectation have been built up over the last few months. This dream job was that close and I could almost smell it! However, I know that I can’t control the circumstances in life and I certainly can’t control the outcome. I believe, however, that: Whatever happens, it happens perfectly! Regardless of my temporary emotions. I have no doubt that better things are ahead waiting for me. I just need to be patient!

2 Comments:

At 4:15 am, Blogger Unknown said...

It seems that a spiritual growth has continued in your life. You will be all the better in this lifetime no matter what the outcome of the job is. You have already learned the lesson. I will pray for you success in the material world. Your spirit is to be honored.

 
At 6:37 am, Blogger Passion said...

Thanks for the kind words Dave, to lift up my spirit when I need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home