Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Becoming A Vegetarian

Having considered for a while, two weeks ago I decided to take vegetarian diet. During this period I have been on vegetarian diet most of the time except two occasions. On one occasion, I ordered a fish meal on our holiday because it was easy and handy (I just didn‘t want to be too pedantic while we were on holiday). On another occasion, I added a small portion of pork mince when I cooked tofu (hubby would not eat toufu unless there is meat in it). Having said that, I haven’t eliminated eggs from my diet yet because I still value their nutrition. Also cooking and eating eggs doesn’t seem to cause the dramatic emotional effect on me like the case with meat. But ultimately I think I will eliminate eggs from my diet. As to milk, I stopped consuming animal milk about a year ago. I drink soy milk stead. Not only soy milk is more nutritious, it also tastes much better.

So this two-week’s trial experience has been relatively successful as I haven’t experienced any struggle or difficulties at all. I haven’t needed to test my willpower, as following a vegetarian diet seems the most natural thing to do, just like taking up physical exercises for me. I have never needed motivation to exercise vigorously on a daily basis, why would I need motivation for a new diet if I believe in it?

While I haven’t experienced much changes physically (given the short period), I have certainly discovered something interesting, which is, cooking becomes more enjoyable experiences! I have become more mindful and patient during shopping, preparing for food and cooking. As a matter of fact, I get very absorbed in cooking just by thinking about the nutrition I am going to get from them and playing peaceful music in the background. I love cooking! This finding came as a surprise as I had always dreaded cooking in my entire life! The moment I stopped shopping and processing meat, I became calmer and happier in the kitchen! Amazing!

I think this two weeks trial is a very positive start. While I certainly have no agenda to be a complete vegetarian, I believe it’ll just happen naturally. It seems the God within me wants me to be a vegetarian, so I’ll just follow my intuition and go with the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home