Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Monday, October 03, 2005

City Of Rainbow

If you are a rainbow person like me, you better move to Auckland.

Here rainbow is a regular scene. Not only you would see dual rainbows, there are also rainbows at the same time in different places.

When I say “at the same time”, I mean ‘roughly’ or ‘around’ the same time. Obviously I can’t be at two places at the same time. But I indeed saw two rainbows this morning at two different places within the span of twenty minutes walking distance. The first one I saw was from a street near my flat. It was a bright, long, full half-circle rainbow like the other ones I saw from this street before. It had a shadow rainbow parallel to it. It must be normal for a rainbow to have a shadow if it is bright and long (or you just need to be in the right place maybe?) as it occurred to me a number of times.

The other rainbow I saw this morning was after I came out from Foodtown, a supermarket near work. This rainbow was not the same one as I saw earlier as it was in a completely different angle. When I saw the second rainbow within twenty minutes, I thought wow that was amazing!

When I lived in Wellington, I saw rainbows a lot too. Perhaps it’s because I was out and about a lot doing running and walking. Here in Auckland the rainbows are even more spectacular. I’d call it ‘City of Rainbow’.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Blogger Passion said...

I should now stop making a fuss over rainbows. After talking to several people, I learnt that rainbow is almost a daily occurance here. Double rainbows, rainbows in different parts of the city, rainbows several times a day...nothing new.

Sure. It's the third time I saw a rainbow today, just by sitting at my office desk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home