Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Reward In Writing

I seldom write on this blog about my personal life. If I do, it‘s usually very brief. I have randomly visited other blogs, most of which seem to be personal diaries. Apart from the need to express oneself, I guess writing something about oneself is always an easy start, especially if you are not already a writer!

Up until a few years ago I had kept diaries still. I kept diaries for a little over ten years. Looking at my diaries, most of them were about my love, emotional upheavals or life confusions. Since these days my life has been pretty steady and the days when I experienced emotional upheavals or confusions are almost non-existent, it appears there is no more need for keeping diaries.

I have always refused (or refrained) to write on-line journals or any dramas about life. I believe that life is for living in the now. If you have already lived those moments, why living them again by writing a journal about something already happened, especially dramas? Wouldn't the time you write about dramas or disturbing subjects be better spent if you go out for a walk or listen to some Jazz or soothing music? On the very rare occasions when I did write in a journal fashion, they related to my holidays which to me are moments worth ‘reliving‘. I guess my boss, colleagues and hubby are all correct in saying that I am a very efficient and practical person and deal with no non-sense. While this may be a compliment, I guess the downside is that I’ll probably never become a story teller or a novelist because I have no time for dramas!

These days I think a lot about the meaning of life, humanity and other worldly issues. When you think about these issues, you place yourself outside of your small world and you become a sober observer of life rather than being caught in the drama. You deal with your sorrow, anger, frustrations and dissatisfactions in life differently. You become more patient and resourceful. You become more giving and less self-obsessed. You handle life positively no matter what happens. My writing as a result reflects the transformation I am going through.

While there may be other bloggers who write for readership or popularity reasons, I write for myself. It’s an exciting journey and self-rewarding as I keep gaining power and energy in exploring my soul. I know that popularity doesn't feed the soul, but self-realisation does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home