Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Monday, September 05, 2005

A Blessing

I had booked an appointment for my annual eye exam at 8.30 AM today.

It’s my first appointment with an Optometrist in Auckland. I had no idea how to get there. My husband kindly volunteered to be my chauffeur.

We had no problem in finding where the Optometrist was. After we parked our car some 10 metres away from the Optometrist, we noticed that we arrived early – it was only 8:00 AM. We sat in the car, chatting.

Since we had plenty of time, my husband thought that it would be a good idea if we move our car a bit closer as he saw a car park right in front of the Optometrist.

He turned the keys. But the engine wouldn’t start. It looked like the car had a flat battery. The battery caused us some problems yesterday when we went out for a drive. As a result, my husband put the battery in charge over night. While we had no problem in starting the car this morning, it looked that the battery had had it.

We spent a couple of minutes trying to restart the car, but in vain. It looked like we had to ring our insurance company for help. My husband was a little worried that he might miss his 9.33 AM train. He had a few important things to sort out at work today.

We gave up trying, and sat in the car, having a moment of composure. My husband said to me: ‘It looks like there is a garage ahead, next door to the Optometrist... Actually, there is a sign outside...’ He read out the items on the sign which describe the services the garage offers. The list didn’t include battery. We were a little disappointed.

He got out of the car and went to the garage to check. When he came back, there was a garage worker with him. The man opened the bonnet and had a look at our battery. He said that he could replace it for us. Yay!

By the time I had my eye exam done; our car had a new battery and was ready to go! Awesome!

I couldn’t believe our luck today. How many times do you find a garage next door to an Optometrist?

Perhaps not that many!

We were blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home