Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Peace Is My Religion

Believe it or not, we all come from the same place.

We might be Asian, Hindu, or European; we might be professors, teachers, engineers or salesperson; we might be children, adults, retired or elderly; we might be male or female; we might be parents, children, uncles, or sisters-in-law… whoever we are, we are not innately different. Not a bit. We all come from a place which has all the beauties you can imagine. It’s a place called bliss and heaven. In this place every being is a combination of love, happiness, peace, purity and wisdom.

How come we have become so different? How come we have so many problems, conflicts, hatred, unfulfilled desires and unattainable dreams?

This is because at some point, along the journey, we have abused our innate beauties God gave us. We lost faith. We didn’t believe these qualities were good enough. We didn’t believe God had given us all that we needed. Love becomes lust, purity becomes greed, happiness becomes attachments, peace becomes anger, and wisdom becomes ego.

We have become lost souls.

Recently, I have learnt that meditation and Yoga is actually the same thing. Prior to this, I only knew that Yoga is somewhat spiritual but I never truly grasped it. Now I realise, meditation = Yoga = remembrance.

All makes sense now.

Whether we practise Yoga or meditation, or take a particular religious path, it’s all about looking inside ourselves, listening to our hearts, accessing to our soul, and reconnecting to all the innate beauties which are our birthright - love, happiness, peace, purity and wisdom. We have had these qualities all along. Now, we only need to remember their existence. Because when we remember, we become. When we have made that connection to our past and lost memories, we can find our way back.

Peace is my religion. Light is my home. Love, is what I live for.

(Inspired by hubby. Because of my new found endless energy, passion and zest in life, he thinks I have found a religion. *grin*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home