Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Miracle

I was walking down the street this morning, on my way to work. It was a nice fresh morning. You could smell the wetness in the air from the rain last night.

I turned into my favourite street – a street I called ‘birds paradise’ as it always had hundreds of birds singing at the same time. It was a short street. When I came to the end of the street and was about to turn into a main road, the sky opened in front of me. A huge rainbow was hanging there.

Amazing!

The rainbow was somewhat bigger than the other rainbows I usually saw as a curved line. It was a half circle, a full half circle. The colours were extremely bright. I started counting the seven colours, identifying them in the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet … It was so beautiful! I was full of joy and excitement.

A strange thought came to me. I wondered if it was possible, that two rainbows occurred at the same time. I wondered if anyone had actually seen two rainbows at the same time. Theoretically it must be possible as the sub climate in two regions can coincide to each other, out of a rare chance. Upon this thought, I subconsciously looked into the sky at my front, back, left, and right to see if by miracle there was another rainbow somehow.

No. Of course not.

I day dream too much! That’s my problem!


The rainbow was behind me for about three to five minutes before I turned into another street. This time the rainbow was on my left again. This time, my eyes were wide open. I blinked and rubbed, blinked again and rubbed again. I couldn’t believe what I saw.

Two rainbows were in the sky this time! I saw a smaller, shorter and fainter rainbow parallel to the big bright half circle rainbow! It was like a baby rainbow, in the arms and care of its mother.

How could this happen? How could my thoughts a few minutes ago turned into reality right in front of my eyes?

'Was this a dream? Was I imagining?' I asked myself.

I looked at my watch. It said 7:44. Today is Tuesday, 9 August 2005. And I was on my way to work. The birds were still singing in my ears. The cars were driving past by me. And the feather-like drizzles were touching my face gently. No. It was definitely not a dream.

It was a miracle.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 am, Blogger Passion said...

I went to my meditation class last night. I was taught that this world and our reality consist of nothing but thoughts. Beautiful thoughts turn into beautiful reality. Likewise, negative thoughts turn into undesirable reality.

My tutor further said that although she had many many personal stories she could share with us as to how meditation transformed her life, the only way to learn, however, was to feel it and experience it individually.

Thanks for your teaching, Marlyn! The lesson I learnt last night just manifested itself today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home