Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tests In Life

Around mid-day my telephone rang. It’s from my husband. I asked how he got on with his exam. He said he was not successful this time. He only achieved 73%.

I could sense over the phone that he was a bit disappointed. But by the time he got home in the evening he didn’t appear too worried. 'It’s a small test in life.' He said quite positively. 'Life doesn’t always give you want you want immediately. But eventually you’ll pass all the exams - every single one of them!' I was so glad that he didn’t let this temporary setback bother him.

As we often say, it’s life. No matter how eager or keen you are, you don't always get what you want. I mean, not in your planned schedule. but it's not the end of the world. He just needs to sit another exam. The only disadvantage from not passing this exam is that he still can’t trade, even though he’s got clients already. Without trading, it means he can’t earn a cent of his income. It’s annoying, but fortunately we are not pressured by his earning ability at least for a while.

I know it’s not fair. Because I know how hard he studied during the last few weeks. The thing is, I got ill last night. I woke up at 1am with an upset stomach. The next few hours I was going to the toilet like every five minutes, emptying my guts out. I must have caught a bug from food during the day. As a result, neither of us had much sleep throughout the night. He was quite worried about me. I managed to go to work today because I can't afford to become sick at the moment. However, the whole day at work I was in a ‘floating’ mode and the ability to concentrate and think was just not there. As to him, it’s very unfortunate that he had an exam to sit on this very morning and the exam requires 80% to pass instead of 50% or 60%. Had he had a good night sleep, could he have done better in his exam? Maybe. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Life is full of tests like this. You can spend a good deal of time and effort dedicated to something but unforeseeable circumstances occur, which interfere with your plan. You just have to start all over again.

We can only focus so much on what we can do. We can’t control the outcome. The result lies in the hands of the Universe. I am just so pleased and proud that hubby has such a good attitude towards life. Sure, life is full of tests like this. Eventually, we’ll pass all the exams - every single one of them. Very well said, my dear!

1 Comments:

At 6:46 am, Blogger Passion said...

Just a day before in my journal 'The Secret of Looking Good' I mentioned the benefit of vetegarian diet. And the very next day I got food poison (I suspect it's from the lunch I had - lamb kerbab). This incident seems to serve me as a reminder that if we participate in the food chain of careless, selfish and thoughtfulless actions such as animal slaughter, eventually in one way or another we are going to harm ourselves. Because all action we participate in this world is an energy we send out to the totality of the Universe. Isn't it so true, that we receive what we put out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home