Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Live Your Dream

You know how sometimes you dream your dreams and talk about your dreams? Well, what I want to say is, without putting wings to our dreams, dreams will forever remain dreams.

I am living in my dream right now. My brand new life started a month ago when my husband and I made the decision to move to Auckland to pursue our dreams. 'What does it feel like to live in your dreams?' You may ask.

You feel high. Every day and every moment you feel like a propeller – you keep going and you don’t even feel tired. You never run out of energy and enthusiasm. You are passionate with every moment of your life. You love everyone. The best part of all, you have new dreams – dreams you know will become reality one day.

The move has certainly been proven worthwhile. Everything has worked out so well which we can’t be thankful enough. Firstly, we found our place in a couple of hours instead of couple of days or weeks. My work is just 15 minutes walk away and hubby’s train trip to his work takes only a few minutes. We don’t have the problems most Aucklanders do – commuting in congested traffic. Secondly, we both love our new jobs. Hubby’s dream career is injecting him with endless energy and ideas and he has found more business opportunities since we arrived here. As to my work, my knowledge and expertise in my new role has been well received and acknowledged. We are very fortunate that we have both found a niche which we fit in so well.

Not only it's a place of more opportunities, it's a place of more choices. There is a good variety of everything which gives you more options in life. Chinese food is very authentic and very much home-like. There are ample books on business subjects in the local library as well as Chinese books. Note this is great bonus for me from a Chinese perspective. The last time I read a Chinese book was about five years ago! I also get to refresh my Cantonese again as there is a Cantonese radio station. As Cantonese is my second language and I’ve hardly had any chance to use it in the last nine years, I am just about to lose it completely. Also with me gradually adopting more Kiwi traits and losing in touch with my original culture, being in Auckland gives me the opportunity to get in touch with my originality again! I've also noted that there is a mulch wider range of evening courses available than in Wellington. I am never going to run out of things to do in my spare time!

While Auckland may not be a long term place for us, we are certainly going to have a very good time while we are here. The warmer climate here enables us to take up a few old hobbies such as surfing and kayaking which were put off due to the cold weather in Wellington.

What more do I want from life? I don’t know. At the moment I am working towards being a qualified financial advisor. As to hubby, he is working towards being a successful financier. Nine years ago when I worked as a Marketing Assistant and he was running a game equipment business we couldn’t possibly imagine that our dreams in career and other aspects in life could merge so well and so close. Last night we were both watching the TV programme called 'Get Away' which featured some tropical islands in Australia, we had a quick exchange of memories of our tropical holidays in China, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. You know what? An agreement was reached as to where our next tropical holiday would be!

It’s a dream life! Yet I know my dream will continue and better things will come when it’s due.

(I feel like writing this journal as it's been a full month since we moved here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home