Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Studies

As I opened my exam slip in the envelop, I smiled. I achieved an A result, again.

I got exactly what I had wanted.

It didn’t used to bother me what result I get as long I get a pass, as my CV would only show what I have achieved but wouldn’t care to what extent I have achieved. Based on this attitude, I didn’t used to get As often. After all I never considered myself as an academic type. My desire to be a top student has long gone since I left high school. I used to think that furthering myself through studies is essential for me to advance in career.

Well, while my direction in life remains mostly unchanged, my attitude certainly has. I do not view studying as a burden any more or something that just benefits my career. I have become to enjoy doing it. Studying is not something I do for my career’s sake any more. It’s purely for me. I view it as an opportunity to bring out my potential - the best in me. You see, if I can be better, why settle for less? If I have the potential to be an A student, why limit myself to be a mediocre student? After all I’ve learnt that it doesn’t necessarily take extra time or effort to achieve an extraordinary result; most likely, all required is some extra focus. In other words, all required is a shift of belief. I’ve learnt that a focused mind can lead to outstanding results. I’ve tested it at work, in my marriage, my writing and my studying. You become more effective and productive without having to compromise the fun and leisure time. You still do all the things you want to do in life. The only difference is that whatever you do, you give it a 100% shot instead of a half hearted shot. The net result? There is more enjoyment in everything you do as you are always high on life.

Studying definitely makes me a better person. I’m loving it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home