Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Coincidence

On Sunday my husband and I did some shopping in town. I was looking for some lipsticks. Since I seldom involve him in my shopping, he showed great interest as to what colour I should choose. He asked me to try several colours which he thought would look good on me. In the end I bought one with the colour “raspberry’ recommended by him. If he was not with me, I wouldn’t have tried it and wouldn’t have known that it was actually a very vibrant colour. The colour for this particular brand of lipstick had a range from 100 to 900 you can appreciate how confusing a consumer can be these days in shopping. Anyway, the colour was 231.

When I was on my way to work yesterday (Tuesday), I noticed a road sign. The size of it was comparable to the size of a 32 inch TV screen. It was a street number sign, and says 231 in bright blue on a green board. It instantly reminded me of my lipstick colour I bought on Sunday.

This is interesting! I had walked on the same road every day for the last four weeks and I swear to God that I had never noticed this road sign! The moment I bought my lipstick, I began to notice this road sign as they are the same number. How strange.

However, I was not easily convinced. It could be that the road sign was put up during the weekend. So this morning when I walked past that sign again, I took a special ‘inspection’ to see if it looks like a brand new sign. Unfortunately, by all counts it is a very old sign. The sign board stands on a pole which is rusty. The sign board certainly doesn’t have the new clean look. In fact, there is an old dent on the top of the board. After my inspection, I came to the disappointing conclusion that the sign must’ve been there for years. I just hadn’t noticed until yesterday.

I wonder if that number has any meaning to me at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home