Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Seek, and You’ll Receive!

Now that I’ve settled down in my new place, I have been looking for meditation groups/courses. It’s been a couple of months since I had a group mediation session.

I’ve been paying attention to the local newspapers to see what’s available. The good news is that, meditation courses are popular these days and there is no difficulty at all in finding such a course. However, since I am new in Auckland and am still familiarising myself with the roads and suburbs, my primary criteria is that the venue must be close to where I live. The nearest meditation class, to my knowledge, is in another suburb which made it less appealing. However, to solve that problem, I planned to have a test drive to find that place last Sunday to get some ideas on where it is in case I did want to enrol that course. It turned out that I spent most of Sunday at work and got too tired in the end to stick to my original plan.

I was jogging in the neighbourhood yesterday. This time I took a different route which I had never taken before. Guess what I found? I saw a sign with a telephone number and an email address freemediationnow@yahoo.com. My eyes were immediately lightened up. The first thing I did when I came home from my jogging was to send an email to that address to request for more information.

I got a reply today. They offer ‘Raja Yoga’ meditation. They run evening class twice weekly and a new course each month. The current course started last night as a matter of fact. I am welcome to participate in this class or wait until next month if I wish to finish a complete course. They actually have a website: http://www.brahmakumaris.com.au

This is wonderful! Things seem to have turned up better than I had wished for! This place is just a couple of blocks away from my place. I just need to stroll over there. No stress. No driving around. How good is that! Although I haven’t attended this class yet, from the information on the website, I feel excited already as they seem to offer a range of personal development courses in Australasia.

The Universe must have heard my inner wish. And I am provided with what I had asked for. This just reinforced my belief which is: Seek, you will receive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home