Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Heaven

It was Friday evening. I was on my way walking home. Hubby rung me from work to say he was going to be a little late. He also reminded me that he was going to his club meeting at 7:30 and needed to come home to get his car, so we might have to have a quick dinner. He told me that perhaps a simple and easy dinner such as sausages and eggs with toast would do.

It was uncommon for me to make dinner on a Friday evening as we normally either eat out or have take-away food. While I was in the kitchen by myself and with my radio on, I felt quite relaxed and excited. I carefully timed my cooking so that by the time hubby got home dinner would be ready.

A tingling feeling crawled in. It was a feeling of missing someone terribly, someone you have fallen madly in love with. It was a feeling combined with anticipation and excitement. It was a feeling hard to contain and wanting to burst. Although hubby would be home soon, I could not wait. I kept looking out of the window to see if I could find him. Every time I checked I was disappointed. I started to feel a little anxious and worried that if he didn’t come home soon he would be late for dinner and his club meeting. Oh I wanted so much, that everything in his life runs smoothly and perfectly. I wanted so much, to do everything for him and make him as happy as possible! Oh I was so much in love! I was terribly missing him yet I was terribly contented and happy with this man in my life. I love our life too much!

At that moment, the radio started to play Carpenters ‘On top of the world’. What a perfect song being played at a perfect moment! The song was like tailor written and sung for me, from the bottom of my heart:

...
Everything I want the world to be
Is now coming true especially for me
And the reason is clear
It’s because you are here
You’re the nearest thing to heaven that I’ve seen

I’m on the top of the world lookin’ down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I’ve found ever since you’ve been around
Your love’s put me at the top of the world

Something in the wind has learned my name
And it’s tellin’ me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze
There’s a pleasin’ sense of happiness for me

...

I didn't need to doubt it. My world was so perfect. My husband, my cat, my job, my place, my family…and everything in my whole world, was so perfect. I felt as if I was engulfed by a massive love wave and I was inside a place of sheer warmth, safety and love.

By the time hubby came home, dinner was already on the table. We had a quick dinner. Before he left, he said: ‘I might be a little late. Would you stay up and wait for me?’ I saw a childish, reliant look in his eyes, like he was begging. ‘Sure. I’ll be waiting for you! You can tell me all about it (your meeting).’ I gave him a kiss.

We’ve been together for almost ten years! I like the fact that occasionally he would still be a little ‘clingy’ and reliant on me, not for big things, but for trivial things like this. We 'spoil' each other on such small things a lot. It makes us feel wanted, loved and safe.

This ordinary day, and this snapshot of my life, to me is a snapshot of a life in heaven. It is a blissful life because all there is and all you feel is one thing: love.

After hubby left, I turned on the TV. ‘Campbell Live’ was on. Tonight his show was about connection to the dead, medium and psychic stuff. He was interviewing a medium who was well known for having the ability to see the other world. It was all very interesting. At one point, Campbell asked her what heaven and hell is like and what kind of people resides in heaven and what kind of people resides in hell. She explained that heaven and hell is not a place where people are sent by someone. Rather, it’s a place people choose to go. For example, she said, she’d seen some murderers who had no remorse for what they had done got trapped in hell. On the other hand, she said, there were a lot of people in heaven who were ordinary people having a loving heart.

What she said made a lot of sense to me because I imagined that merciless murderers (and other evil souls) would not like heaven. Heaven would be too lonely for them as they would find no friends that can understand them and support them; whilst in hell they get to associate with souls that have the same low vibration which can make them feel at home. So in other words, even if they had a choice to go to heaven, they would refuse to go. Even if God sent them to heaven because their sins have been forgiven, they would come back to hell after discovering that heaven is such a boring and uninteresting place for them.

Now watch what she said next! She said that we already live in heaven. She said that those people who live in heaven often come down to earth and make connections with their loved ones. Therefore, if we enjoy our families and friends with a lot of love around us, we already live in heaven. This is what heaven is all about – loving family and friends, loving people around you!

While the medium might have been constantly challenged by sceptics on the grounds of ‘scientific proof’, she doesn’t need to convince me. I totally understand where she came from. I already know that I live in heaven. I already know that most of us already live in heaven. People just don’t have enough faith to believe it.

We must understand that, we’ve all worked our way to get to where we are now. This place right now is exactly where we belong and is the perfect place that suits us. We are not given more which we cannot take. We are not given less than we deserve. You don't believe it? Let me ask you these: have you ever heard of a person who has never trained to be an athlete was selected by accident to compete in Olympic Games? Have you ever heard of a person who cannot understand financial reports and human leadership was placed in a position of a CEO for a multi-national corporation? Or, have you woken up one morning and found yourself play violin proficiently yet you’ve never touched violin before? Of course you haven’t, because you haven’t done the path. And that’s why you are where you are now, in a place where you feel most comfortable with. Nobody just happens to be a CEO, an Olympic athlete or a violinst, just like no body happens to go to heaven or hell. Your environment is always adequate for you as it has the same wavelength to that of yours.

If you believe the Universe is all about energy and vibration of it, it’s only natural to believe that the same goes with afterlife. High vibration comes from high energy, which is sourced from love, kindness, compassion and all positive thoughts and actions. Low vibration comes from low energy, which is sourced from negative thoughts and actions.

It should be quite comforting to remove that uncertainty as to where we end up going after we die. We should not worry that we will be sent to hell by accident. Why not? Because everyday there are plenty of opportunities for every one of us to practise kindness, compassion and love to raise our consciousness. When our consciousness vibrates at the same wavelength as those in heaven, we connect with heaven. We find a heavenly feeling and we live a heavenly life.

Heaven is not a mysterious place. Heaven is love. It’s very simple. If there is enough love in your world, you should be living in heaven already. I already shared at the beginning of this article about my heavenly Friday evening. I am quite happy to share with you another heavenly moment in my life which happened yesterday morning. I was walking down the street on my way to work to catch up with my heavy workloads built up lately. I heard someone from across the street saying ‘good morning’ loudly. I turned around and saw a car yard sales man. He was smiling and waving at me! There was a busy four-lane street between us with many cars on the road. Yet he greeted me, a total stranger, with kindness! I waved back and smiled at him with a loud ‘hi’ so he could hear me.

This to me is life in heaven. I have experienced many moments like this in my life where people and things are not just names, occupations, genders, images or descriptions. They are love. The car sales person is love. My husband, my cat, my family, my colleagues, my writing, the air I breath, the water I drink, the music I play, the birds in the sky, the rain, the sun… are all love. They all form parts of heaven. If this is not the heaven you envisage, describe to me, what your version of heaven is. I would be interested to know.

It is so obvious: we already live in heaven! If you don’t believe you live in heaven already, that's simply because you haven’t given enough love to the Universe to make that connection to heaven, to receive abundant love from the Universe to feel heavenly.

Rather than looking for love; be love! Rather than looking for heaven; concentrate on giving love in all those tiny moments in life! You already live in heaven! You just don’t have enough faith to believe it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home