Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Small World

Here is a story about how small the world is. I am sure we all have such similar stories to share. It’s a story from my friend Gary.

I think it was one Saturday I went for lunch at an Italian restaurant in Zhongshan.

A young Australian lady started to talk to me, after only say 15 minutes or so I discovered that she had been a trainee policewoman in the little town in England where I had just moved to SEA from.

Then even more amazing, one of my very best friends, my scuba diving buddy, who used to be a policeman too, had been her senior at the police station. How bizarre, I meet somebody in a little bar in China from the other side of the world, half way round the World who used to work with my best friend in England.

Is that weird or what? The lesson of this story is that the World becomes a smaller place by the day.

Similar story, I met a young children's nanny on a flight from Chicago to Birmingham, she was in the same school class in England and knew my niece - very small World indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home