Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Feeling Good Again

This morning after my shower, I knew that I had 'come back'.

It’s a good feeling, to feel 100%. It’s a feeling I missed for an entire week. I had been on medication for a few weeks, and my hormone was all over the place. Starting from last week I constantly felt tired and faint. My body was aching, my mind was foggy, my mood was foul and my taste bud was gone. To top it off, my tummy swelled up overnight. I quickly popped on the scale, wow! A whopping 2kg weight gain! I looked four months pregnant overnight!

This happened on Thursday. After some panicking, hubby and I hurriedly rushed to the hospital in case something went terribly wrong as I'd just had a medical precedure the day before(last year things went terribly wrong the day after my surgery and I was admitted for a second surgery immediately... you can see why we had a fright this time). Fortunately after a scan and blood test my nurse was able to confirm that all was fine and my tummy swell would go down in time. That was good news but my tummy... I used to love my tummy! It was firm, flat and well-toned. Now carrying this strange shaped tummy, I almost don’t feel real! What’s going on inside me?

I'd be fine as long as the swell goes down by the end of the week as I have just bought some new party dresses for the Christmas functions for this weekend. Of course all of the dresses would not fit a four-month pregnant tummy or at least would not look decent! Things like this is beyond my control. Let's just see what happens. The main thing is that I feel normal again. The foggy mind, body aches and the fatigue .... have all gone! I am able to feel life again.

It’s hard to feel peaceful, loving, calm and happy when you are unwell. Once again I realise that the No. 1 valuable asset one can have is definitely health because without good health all the abundance in life seems so irrelevant to ya!

5 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Blogger Kim said...

i'm glad you are feeling well again. enjoy your good health! it is horrible when medication makes our bodies do things that are beyond our control. i can relate. i'm sure your tummy will be back to its normal self in no time!

 
At 2:17 pm, Blogger Ed Meers said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog.

I echo Kimberly's comments, and, remember it's what's inside that really matters anyway. Our bodies can really let us down at time, be that succumbing to mental illness, physical injury or side effects from things meant to make other things better. Patience and love yourself.

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Thank you all for your kind words, Kim, real-e and greenbean. You are such a bunch of sunshine! :-)

 
At 8:23 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Welocme back and good health to you my friend.

Namaste

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Thanks dave and anu!

"Meanwhile, i wish you a flat tummy for christmas :)" You read my mind, my friend! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home