Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Having Fun

I’d almost forgotten how much fun there is in play. I mean spontaneous play without hassle, planning or restrictions.

Last night after work hubby and I both felt like some outdoor activities. It’s late Spring/early Summer here and the weather was absolutely gorgeous which almost made you feel guilty if you didn’t go out and enjoy the outdoors in the sun. We managed to find the badminton rackets and balls in the garage. They were given to us by someone years ago but we’d never used them! In a couple of minutes we were in a nearby park.

There were some young kids playing in the park, laughing and screaming. There was also a man throwing a tennis ball away for his dog to catch. There was plenty of space for us to play in any way we liked.

Apparently neither of us was good at playing badminton any more. Last time I played badminton was in my college years which must be at least fifteen years ago! For hubby it went back even further! Nevertheless we just whacked the rackets in the air often watching the ball going to the directions it was not intended to go. We ridiculed each other’s clumsiness and funny postures as we ran around trying to hit the ball but often in vain. Perhaps we were having too much fun; the dog came close to us a few times attempting to join us.

We felt like children again and thoroughly enjoyed each minute without any worries, rules or boundaries. We had plenty of time and space to ourselves and we didn’t have to worry about the outcome or anything. We only had a few games yet I realised that just by being with each other, laughing together while focusing on our play brought us tremendous fun.

Afterwards hubby said to me that he hadn’t heard me laugh so loud and so much for a long time!

Is it difficult to find fun and enjoy life? Apparently not! All we need to do, is to be ourselves, and find that innocent child in us. We are all capable of enjoying all the small things in life yet as adults we often forget how much fun there is in the small things. We always seem to want something big such as an overseas holiday or an expensive gadget and think these can bring us fun; we fail to realise that fun is right here with us and doesn’t have to cost a thing, as long as we let go of the unnecessary burdens we carry with us all the time and just stay in each moment.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Thanks for visiting g and sharing your story of having fun.

I actually didn't know what it was called. I had to call it 'ball' before I knew the correct name. Thanks g now I know the thing I played was a 'bird' after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home