Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I Need Some Love!

Some say love, it is a hunger an endless aching need...


Life can be quite hectic sometimes. I am sure you know what I mean. Although hubby and I live a reasonably care-free lifestyle which means we have plenty of time together; occasionally, we can be both wrapped up in our own little world doing our own thing. This is what I like about our marriage - apart from ‘our world’ we each have our ‘own world’ so that we get to keep our own space and individuality. However, occasionally imbalance can happen when one starts to feel ignored due to lack of attention. It can happen to me; it can happen to him. It’s funny how things seem to take cycles in life.

“I need some love!” Hubby came to me, and gave me a hug. He was in the middle of preparing dinner and I was putting the washing away.

I was slightly surprised for a second but soon realised that he’d been ignored as I’d been wrapped up with meditation, pilates and reading Bill Clinton’s My Life for the whole day. Although today is Saturday and we are both at home, we didn’t have breakfast or lunch together. It was not just me that had been busy; he had been sitting in front of his computer all day preparing for a seminar he is to deliver next week. I realised that the day was almost over and we had barely talked to each other!

I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him tightly, my head pressed against his chest. It was nice to feel the warmth, the bodily contact, and...Love. I realised that it was not just him that needed love; me too! Because we were not spending time together, I did not feel particularly intimate with him today even though it was not me that noticed it first.

We can all be needy at times. Our neediness for love is a constant hunger; an endless aching need. Yet I liked the way hubby communicated his neediness to me. It was so gentle, soft and sincere - a warm touch I have yet to learn to adopt. I am not a natural good communicator in terms of what I need, what I want and what I feel. Usually by the time when I feel the ‘hunger’ I’ve already lost most of my patience and gentleness as such it often comes out abruptly. On the matter of love, I realise that I’ve still got so much to learn and hubby, not only is he a perfect lover, he is such a good teacher!

At times when the flames are low, don’t forget: Love is just a few words away! Tell your lover that, you need some love! Just ask gently and lovingly, everything you ask will come to you!

2 Comments:

At 3:31 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your lesson today. It is just what I needed to help remind me that love is a need for both people in a relationship and for all people in this world. Your experience here has opened the window shade a little higher and gave me a little more insight to the experience of love.

Namaste

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Dave: I appreciate with what you said about love is a need. No matter how unselfish and noble we'd like to think we are, still the romantic love is a conditional love whether we accept it or not. I believe that being aware of the conditions in a relationship and acting accordingly is one of the important elements for a successful marriage. Being able to meet your lover's need is a wonderful feeling.

Greenbean: I know what you mean and appreciate that on the matter of showing love Asian seem to be more 'practical' while Westerners seem to be more expressive. It's been an interesting journey for me and hubby over the years as we have both learnt to integrate each other's culture. Culture hasn't been a barrier for us despite our differences because like you said love is all the same. The main thing is to cherish each other in each moment.

You mentioned the depth of pain we’ve all experienced in love… I tend to think that when we feel hurt in love it’s actually not love that hurts; rather it’s our misuse, misunderstanding, misinterpretation together with our expectation and attachment... Hence our illusion that cause us pain. What do you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home