Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's Time To Have A Tattoo!

It’s time to have a tattoo done! And it’s gotta be done before Christmas!

I can see a few eye brows raising there. “Having a tattoo? Are you sure you are not mad, Passioncity?” I hear you ask.

Don’t worry! It’s not me who is having a tattoo done! It’s one of my colleagues. He came to me recently and asked for advice as to what tattoo would look cool as he wanted it in Chinese.

The world is certainly changing! I remember some ten or fifteen years ago it was very trendy to have English prints on my T-shirt in China (some of them are still sitting in my draw at home with misspelt English) while these days Chinese characters and Chinese culture seem to have an exotic flavour in the Western world which to me is rather amusing. Nevertheless helping my colleague work out a tattoo not only must look cool but also has the meaning he is happy with made me feel somewhat honoured.

After several weeks consultation and consideration, it has been decided to use the Chinese characters “Peace”(He Ping) and “Happiness”(Kuai Le). It will be on his right arm. Now it's been finalised I can’t wait to see his tattoo! Although it’s not my tattoo, I feel excited just the same as it will have my input and my colleague will be wearing it permanently!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home