Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Update

Here I am in the hospital on the 4th day and am still under observation. I don't know how long I am staying here for but a nurse told me that a patient with similar problem stayed 2 weeks. I am not in pain and am not taking any drugs. But the fluid in my body has caused much discomfort in that I can't move much as my movement causes shortness of breath. My weight has gone up from 47kg to 52 kg and I look no different from a 4 or 5 months pregnant woman. My blood is getting thicker and I am also in danger of getting blood clot. That's why they have to keep me here. No real 'treatment' is being carried out as I was told that the fluid in my body is not 'serious' enough to be drained.

In the meantime I was told that this problem is not likely to go away. While my tummy is so bloated that any food or drink would cause discomfort, it's the least concern to my doctor. They are concerned however about the fluid in my lung which is about 2 litres. I can no longer lie flat and sleep any more as that gives me huge difficulties in breathing. Last night I had to ask the nurse to give me oxygen so I could sleep.

The whole plan of Christmas and New Year is changed. Instead of going to Hawke's Bay to spend Christmas with hubby's family and have New Year at the beach, I am going to be a resident in the hospital for a while.

Noticing I got so bored in the hospital hubby came in this morning with my laptop. Unfortunately the hospital has a passway which we don't know how to access. I found an Internet in the postshop of the hospital but I suspect I am going to be using it much.

I know, it doesn't sound pleasant. But life is about going with the flow and accepting whatever happens. In my ward there are a few women who had cancer and one even had one breast taken out. By contrast my problem seems insignificant and less dramatic. So I try not to be too upset. I am staying in the best hospital in the country and I am in good hands, I am a lucky girl.

My ward is on the 9th floor and interestly enough the only building with a big enough sign that's readible says on the top of the building PEACE. I always believe that nothing happens by chance. Perhaps this sign is just there to remind me that at any time in any place one should always remember that peace is the only way to cope with this world and all our problems.

Despite all the problems I am going through, a nice surprise came to me - I am pregnant! And to a large extent it is the cause of the whole drama. So what have I got to complain? All the suffering will be worth it I hope!

My 30 minutes are running out. I've got to go. Thanks to all of you who have left such kind words in your reply to my prevous post. You have no idea how much I appreciated them. I miss you all and may peace be with you!

Merry Christmas!

7 Comments:

At 7:44 pm, Blogger alwaysdare said...

Your so awesome passioncity. You have an amazing way at looking at things and I wish you a speedy recovery :)

Congratulations on the pregnancy--that's really good news :)

Take things easy and slow :)

See if you can get someone to wirelessly get you connected to the internet with your laptop :)

And get some nice positive and fun books to read :)

Please continue to keep us up to date with everything :)

 
At 6:54 am, Blogger Ed Meers said...

Merry Christmas and here's to you getting better... and PEACE.

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Alan Howard said...

Wishing you all the best through these difficult times, and our hope is that you can find some happiness through this christmas and new year period.

Many hugs and love, from Deidre and Alan.

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Once again a 'thank you' from the bottom of my heart, greenbean, alwaysdare, real-e, anu, alan and the friends in the previous post kim, g and matt. Your love and kindness make me feel so much better and warmer in my heart! It's nice to have good friends like you guys!

I am sure I'll get better. It's a matter of letting nature take its own course (in this case). Things have been stable in the last few days and hopefully they'll let me out soon. Life is a waiting game and patience is all I need at the moment! One of Buddhist teaching is that, when you start to care about other's suffering, you'll forget about your own suffering - I try to remember that!

Cheers and catch later!

 
At 4:59 am, Blogger Kim said...

oh my goodness! i am so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. have they given you an official diagnosis? i'm concerned for you. please know that my thoughts and all of the loving energy i can muster up is there for you. be well, and i hope they are able to treat this and you can go home!

 
At 1:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Passion City have been away for a few days. When I read your blog I felt uncomfortable knowing that you have had some trouble with the fluid retention. Now knowing that you are having a baby is wonderful I wish both you and your hubby a warm felt congratulations. What a beautiful Christmas present.
May the love that shares your life always be present in the soul of the child that is soon to carry your legacy.
Namste

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger Passion said...

Kim, yes there is a name for this problem. It's relatively rare. It should go away after 10 weeks if not or if it gets worse they'll do something about it. Now my initial panic and worry have gone as things become to stablise and get slightly better.

Dave, hope you've had a good break and thanks for your kind thoughts. It is indeed a nice x'mas present and I will try to tame my mind and nurture more peaceful thoughts for me and for this soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home