Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Best Time in a Woman's Life

When one of my friends said to me a few years ago that she loved being pregnant, I did not understand. To me pregnancy has to be uncomfortable, inconvenient and outright unattractive. How can one enjoy being pregnant?

Now 21 weeks into my pregnancy, I finally understand what she meant. Since entering the 2nd trimester, all of sudden, I started to feel great in all ways – physically, emotionally and spiritually. As a matter of fact, I’ve never enjoyed life to a full extent like now. This is definitely the best time in a woman’s life.

I’ve long been used to my bump now, unlike when it first started to show and I somewhat felt a little embarrassed. A couple of weeks ago, I started to feel heaps of baby movements which is such an amazing feeling! My baby feels more and more real each day which enables me to have endless imagination and plans about this baby I am having. My mind always seems to be so occupied that I haven’t had much time to update this blog!

I remember a few years back I used to frequently visit a Chinese doctor mostly for my back problem. He used to say to me that I would feel greater than ever once I am pregnant. He is so true and I know why now. Pregnancy readjusts a woman’s hormone level and brings an optimal balance that the body could possible have as such your mood is great, your emotion is stable and to throw some juicy bit… the intimate time with hubby has never, ever been so incredibly pleasurable. Pregnancy is undoubtedly the sexiest time of a woman’s life!

We have just spent the Easter holiday at the beach with hubby’s family and relations. I was pleased that everyone was so enthusiastic about our baby. One relative even started knitting for our baby (what a shame I haven’t done any shopping yet!). And another relative suggested that hubby and I have a proper Kiwi wedding after the baby is born (we got married in China and did not have a proper wedding albeit we did celebrate with my family) as it seems time has come for a celebration. This is certainly a good idea for us to consider as we will have been married for 10 years in a couple of months time and it will indeed be a milestone and worth a proper celebration having our first baby after 10 years marriage.

We are heading off for a holiday next week. This holiday will be a very special one as it will be our last holiday-of-us-two for a while, marking the end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter. Oh I am so looking forward to it!

Life is good! I’ve never felt so contented about life and filled with so much love, peace and meaning in my life like now. I know family is going to be my number one priority in life from now on. Family... I have finally come to terms with it and I've just turned 35!

On a final note... just when I thought I was going to say good bye to my employer of six years when my current 12-month contract expires in June, I was offered a brand new permanent role with increased pay as I am 'too previous to lose'. How can I possibly resist? I just have more choices now as to when to, or if at all I wish to return to the workforce.

Life can't treat me any better! Can't compain!

2 Comments:

At 3:59 am, Blogger Matthew May said...

Happy to see you back and in such high spirits Passion! :) I am happy that life is treating you well. :)You're going to be such a great mother!

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger alwaysdare said...

Welcome back Passion City :)

Glad to hear that your feeling much better :)

Great news :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home