Passion City

This is me! Evolving, looking better, feeling better and becoming better!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

An interesting dream

I woke up this morning with this dream:

My baby is born.

When I wake up, I hear someone say: it’s a boy! He weights 6.5 pounds!

“What a perfect weight!” I hear my mom says somewhere in the room.

I have a look at my baby. He is such a beautiful little thing! He has thick black hair and full teeth. I am surprised however, that he is dark skinned – Indianish kind of dark. I wonder where he got that colour from as I am Asian and hubby is white.

I try to remember what has happened during the labour. Unfortunately I can’t remember a thing. Apparently I’ve just had a caesarean birth. The whole thing just seems weird. No labour, no pain, no drama, no ordeal. I can’t even remember how I went to the hospital in the first place and what happened prior to the caesarean. As a matter of fact, I feel cheated. It’s like my memory on the whole birthing experience which is a holy and glorious experience to a mother is totally wiped out as if it has never happened. Instinctively I raise my upper body and want to know what happened on my tummy. To my great surprise, I can hardly see any scar! The cut was at the low end and on top of a scar I had from a surgery 17 months ago but was done in a way that it is almost unnoticeable. Mostly amazingly, my old scar seems to have vanished. Although I don’t understand, I am rather pleased with how the operation was done.

The next scene is at the beach. It is still the same day but my baby somehow looks like a two year old. He loves the beach too much and enjoys playing on the hot sand. I am a little worried about my new born baby and feel that we shouldn’t expose him in the hot sun for so long. Nevertheless we let him play for hours since he wouldn’t let us take him away from the beach.

I woke up the next morning with a sudden panic. “Oh my ….” I screamed. I realise that I haven’t fed my baby yet since he was born yesterday! “Where is my baby?” I become hysterical. I am soon relieved as my mom walks in the room and hands him over to me! I sit up in my bed and try to position him in a way so that I can breast feed him. I put him to my left nipple to encourage him to suck. I am quite anxious as I am not sure if I have any milk at all let alone if he would connect to it.

I feel hopeless for a minute. Despite his hard effort nothing seems to come out. But after a few seconds I start to feel the milk coming. But my baby spills his first taste of milk out as if he is protesting. “He doesn’t like my milk!” I feel so rejected and disappointed. But I am soon relieved and happy again as he continues to suck my nipples this time he is really enjoying the taste of it. I feel wonderful that my baby and I have established our first bonding so soon and so easy.


Funny that I had two baby dreams late last year. This is the first baby dream I've had since I fell pregnant. All three dreams the baby is a boy. It's not like I take preference to boys. I actually have always thought that baby girls are cute and daughters always have a good connection with their parents. It'll be interesting to see what I'll have!

3 Comments:

At 5:41 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Good dreams during pregnancy are a good sign of the things to come... meaning the baby...

Is this anywhere near the seventh month?

 
At 10:56 am, Blogger Passion said...

Thanks truth seeker! I wonder if my dream (especially on the part that the baby is dark skinned) has anything to do with a book I've been reading recently called 'children who have lived before'. Most stories in the book happened in darked skinned people (Indian, Thai, Burmese, Ceylonese, Brazilian etc)

Baby is due in August - Why you ask if it's near seven? Is seven a special mark?

 
At 1:23 am, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Color of the skin shouldn't be a concern :-) Your baby won't be dark-skinned, don't worry...

The soul comes into the baby's body at the start of the seventh month...

Good dreams are an indication of things to come... just don't forget the vege part and you will be OK... non-veg food while being pregnant is not at all good for the baby irrespective of what people will talk about nutrition... all the heat, and other (waste) stuff from the mother's stomach passes around the baby ... it is very hard to bear... for these 3 months... non-veg food makes it harder...

sorry if I wrote too much...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home